Thursday, October 17, 2013

Personalized Coloring Pages from a Photograph

       Imagine how much a little kid would love coloring a coloring book filled with pictures of themselves and people they love.  Cute idea, right?!  My sister, Shelly, is so creative!  She is an art-teacher-turned-stay-at-home-super-mom who always comes up with interesting ideas.  Even though she's my little sister, I am pretty sure that I ask her for more advice than she asks me. 

       I had nothing to do with this great idea, but I had to share!  If your kids are anything like my toddler, they are endlessly amused by seeing pictures or video of themselves.  I can't wait until Claire realizes that her coloring page has her face on it - she will crack up!

Here are a couple of examples...






Awesome, right?!
       My sister talks about this idea, along with many others, on her blog A Mom Knows Mess.  She has also started selling these coloring pages on her Etsy site SimpleLittleThingss.  I can't wait to get some of these in the mail for Claire!  (hint hint) 

 

       It's nice to have talented people in my life.  Wait til you see her stinkin' adorable hats, too!  Don't worry - I plan on doing a post about all of Claire's cute hats from Aunt Shelly soon...  :-)
      

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! And I get good ideas from you, I just don't tell you that I use them . . . don't want you getting a big head or anything. :)

    ReplyDelete