Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weather Chart

       One of the concepts I've started bringing more to Claire's attention lately is weather and temperature.  I have a couple of fun ideas to throw into the mix when she's a bit older, but for now I've made two things to do with her: a daily weather chart and season/clothing cards (separate post). 

         First, the weather chart.  IT'S SO CUTE!  I know that "cute" is a word often overused (by me..), but this chart truly is just so cute.  I've come across a photo of this weather chart several times but only recently clicked on it, and was handsomely rewarded with a link to free printouts.  The blogger even included the link to printouts from the original, which she had adapted.  Score!  I kept debating how I wanted to make a chart, but simply printing this one off was a no brainer.  I love it because not only is it adorable and simple for little ones to use, but it also includes temperature (hot, warm, cool, and so on).


 
Here's the link to the Rowdy in Room 300 blog with the FREE printouts: http://rowdyinroom300.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html

Putting it together...
       After I cut out all the pictures, I set two pieces of cardstock next to each other (because it's what I already had available) and started gluing the pictures down beginning in one of the corners.  This way the seam in cardstock is covered by the glued pictures.  Then I trimmed away the rest of the cardstock and voila!  It was a bit too big for my little laminator, but I took it to a store nearby because I wanted the chart as a whole laminated.  Also, you'll see in my photo that I only have two of the three "today it is..." signs.  I accidentally threw the third one away, but I plan on printing that out soon. 

       Claire loves checking the weather with this chart!  I hope your little one does, too. 

        

No comments:

Post a Comment